It's there ! The well-awaited (or not) famous apple cake.
I told you that I would make a recipe for mellow with apples, moreover it was in the post on pears cake that you can find by clicking on the link:
https://www.tofuabicyclette.com / post / pear-cake-pear-cake
I chose to make a chocolate topping, because as can be seen in many recipes, chocolate goes very well with fruits. The apple cake being a classic, it was necessary to add a few more things, but it is of couse optional.
For those who prefer a lighter cake, it will be just as good without topping :)
No need to use big apples for this recipe, just avoid the granny (the green one) which may be too acidic and therefore give a not great aftertaste after cooking.
For me, I bought a big bag of apples in an organic store (Ekoplaza), small fairly sweet apples, that's make the job (as they say).
I also made the choice to add cinnamon, the recipe only includes a teaspoon, because i didn't want it to become too cloying (I like it but in small doses). You can, if you really love it, add two teaspoons to make the taste even stronger.
For this recipe you will need wheat flour (it doesn't matter which one, personally I used T65), almond flour, blond sugar, vanilla sugar, baking powder, apples (of course), coconut milk, coconut yogurt, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and apple cider vinegar.
And if you want to make chocolate icing, you need a chocolate bar and liquid soy cream.
Regarding the utensils, you will need a kitchen scale, a measuring cup, teaspoons and tablespoons as well as a cake mold (here I used a rectangular mold, the basic mold).
300g of wheat flour
2 tbsp af almond flour
80g of blond sugar
16g of vanilla sugar
16g of baking powder
460g of pelled apples (4 medium-sized apples)
200ml of coconut milk
400g of coconut yogurt
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the over to 180°c (356°F).
- In a large bowl, mix the flours, sugars and baking powder.
- Add the yogurt, baking soda, vinegar and milk- mix well.
- Then incorporate the cinnamon and the apple pieces (apples previously peeled and cut into medium sized pieces) - mix with a wooden spoon, avoiding crushing the apple pieces.
- Pour the contents of your large bowl into your cake mold, previously oiled or coated with margarine and bake at 180°c (356°F) for about 45min.
- If you decide to make a topping, I refer you to the pear cake recipe ;)
- Sprinkle the cakes with chocolate shavings and cinnamon, bon appétit !