Braided brioche #2
The return of the brioche braid with spread and almonds!
If you follow the blog a little bit, I had already suggested a braid but the brioche aspect, the texture was not the same.
I wanted to try it with fresh yeast and obviously the expected result is present.
Easy to prepare, no need for a lot of ingredients, this is The Brioche recipe to make.
So let's go for a braided brioche with chocolate spread.
The necessary ingredients are vegetable milk (here soya), blond sugar, fresh yeast, margarine, baking powder, flour, almond flour, almonds (optional), spread chocolate, vegetable milk (for the gilding).
The necessary utensils are two bowls, a large salad, a wooden spoon, an electric whisk with dough hooks, a measuring cup, a kitchen scale, a fairly large cake tin, baking paper, an oven, rolling pin, a brush of the kitchen.
This braided brioche recipe is:
Easy and quick to make
Composed of only 7 ingredients
Perfect for breakfast
The ingredients and parts:
1- 250ml of hot milk (not hot)
60g of blond sugar
25g of fresh yeast
2- 75g of melted margarine
1 level tsp of baking powder
3- 400g of flour
50g of blond sugar
70g of almond flour
1- Heat the vegetal milk, be careful that it is not boiling but just hot / lukewarm.
Pour in the blond sugar and the fresh yeast, let dissolve for 5 to 6 minutes, mix from time to time if it does not dissolve well.
2-Melt the margarine, wait a little before adding baking powder, until the margarine is
not too hot. If there is a slightly sparkling appearance, it is normal, leave for 5min.
3- In a large bowl, mix the flour, the blond sugar and the almond flour.
Add the 1 then the 2. Mix with a wooden spoon then use the electric whisk with the dough hooks to knead the dough, about 7 to 8min.
If you do not have an electric whisk with this kind of hook, knead by hand 8 to 10 minutes.
- The appearance of the dough will still be sticky but not too much and very elastic, place it in a clean large bowl, sprinkled with flour beforehand.
- Put a clean cloth on top and let stand for about 1 hour at room temperature. (in an oven subsequently preheated to 40 ° C is even better)
- Put baking paper at the bottom of a mold, set aside.
- Once the dough has rested, lightly flour your clean work surface and place the dough on it, knead it for a few moments with your hands then roll it out using a rolling pin.
- Brush your dough with chocolate spread, sprinkle with almonds reduced into small pieces (in the blender and it's good).
- Fold the dough back on itself in the shape of a sausage and cut it lengthwise.
- Pass one part over the other and so on to form a braid.
- Put the braid in your mold, if your mold is too small, fold the braid on itself.
- Brush it with a little vegetable milk so that it browns during cooking and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Let stand 40min in the open air during this time preheat the oven to 200 ° c, then bake for 35min at 180°C.
- Check with a toothpick or the tip of a sharp knife if the dough is well cooked inside.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Note: Will keep for about 3, 4 days, wrap in a clean cloth.