Having a gluten-free diet means excluding from your diet any protein component found in wheat, barley or rye.
The "gluten-free" diet is really necessary for people who are gluten intolerant or allergic to wheat, it is the best remedy today.
Did you know: Gluten does not originally exist in cereals! Ha! And yet it is natural ... "gluten" which comes from the Latin "glutinum", which means "link" or "glue", actually comes from the association of several nutrients during the hydration of a paste (mostly gliadin and glutenin) ... have I lost you? Very well, without going into too much detail, wheat does not contain gluten at the cereal stage, it will form during the development of a hydrated dough.
The building blocks of wheat gluten can have an effect on the people who consume them in isolation. It is now accepted that at least one of the constituents of wheat gluten in other grains (rye, barley, oats) is the cause of celiac disease. Wheat gluten is also involved in allergic reactions and to attribute to it, without certainty, phenomena of hypersensitivity.
So to please those who are allergic, suspicious or who like to change their habits a little, here is a vegan and gluten-free cookie recipe:
100g of lupine flour
1 sachet of vanilla sugar
1 teaspoon of baking soda
30g of almond powder
80g of blond sugar
1 pinch of salt
60g of extra virgin coconut oil
120 ml of vanilla soy milk
3 tbsp of almond puree
90g of chocolate chips
- Preheat the four to 200 ° c.
- Mix the flour, sugars, baking soda, salt and almond powder in a bowl.
- Then add coconut oil, milk, almond puree; mix with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth, add the chocolate chips and mix again.
- Cover a plate with baking paper, and use a tablespoon and your hands to form small balls by crushing them lightly on top with the palm of your hand.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 20 to 25 minutes depending on the oven; remove from oven when cookies are golden on top.
- Let cool a little and enjoy, they are also very good cold the next day.