No baking chocolate cheesecake
We're back with a cheesecake, this time without baking and it's chocolate flavored !
For this cake, you will need space in the freezer, then in the fridge, but also a lot of cashew nuts (400g, including 250g which will have to be bathed in a bowl of water for at least 3hours)and unsalted of course; unsweetened cocoa powder, chocolate bar, dates, oat milk, coconut oil (to replace butter), agave syrup (to replace sugar), almond butter, a lemon juice and salt.
For the utensils, you will need a springform pan (essential for cheesecakes); a food processor (to be used several times, therefore cleaning between two uses); a small saucepan, a bowl filled with water, tablespoons, a measuring cup, and a kitchen scale.
The recipe in detail:
150g of cashew nuts
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
1 pinch of salt
250g of cashew nuts (having soaked 3 hours in a bowl of water)
120ml oat milk
120ml melted coconut oil
1 pinch of salt
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp of almond butter
120ml agave syrup
1 tsp of lemon juice
1 dark chocolate bar
Liquid soy cream (cooking soy cream)
- Mix all the ingredients of the crust part and distribute in your springform pan.
For my part, I did not put any fat and I had no problems.
- Use the back of a tablespoon and your fingers to flatten the cookie part evenly. Then put your mold in the freezer.
- Clean your blender jug, because you will have to use it again to start the filling.
There I accept that you hate me because I also blamed myself, the cleaning part was very... testing (chocolate+dates= not very happy mood when you must to clean it).
But, it's worth it believe me ! If you have another blender, even better ( or a great technique for quickly cleaning the blender bowl).
-In you very clean mixer bowl, first mix the cashews (drained beforehand then dried in a clean laundry), don't mix roughly, we must in the end have a cashew nuts cream.
-Then add the salt, cocoa powder, milk, agave syrup, almond butter and lemon juice; mix everything until it is homogeneous then incorporate the coconut oil melted in the microwave or in a saucepan (not hot), and mix one last time.
- Take the mold out of the freezer and pour your preparation over the crunchy part.
- Put the mold in the fridge for two hours, the time for the filling to solidify.
- For the topping, in a small saucepan, put the dark chocolate bar, cut into pieces and add 3 tbsp of cooking soy cream, stir the mixture and add cream until smooth.
- Take your cheesecake out of the fridge and pour your icing (warm, not hot) over it.
- Wait about five minutes before putting it back in the fridge; let it sit for a least three hours (for me, I left it whole night).
- Before unmolding it, I have a little trick that works really well, put it in the freezer for 30 minutes; you can easily remove it from the springform mold.
Then set aside for ten minutes at room temperature before to eat it.
Sprinkle it with grated coconut if you like.
This dessert is a great idea to replace a Christmas log :)
Feel free to like, to comment at the bottom of the post and especially to share the blog on social networks.
Have a good day !