THE Christmas Burger
And BAM second article of the week and not the least!
There it is, "THE" homemade Christmas burger, you dreamed of it and well it can be done at home!
I thought I would present the burger to you on its own at the beginning, but it's always good with a little side dish, so baked potatoes are a treat!
You should know that I love burgers, when I lived in Paris I wanted to taste all the vegan burger in the capital!
Anecdote: When my darling came home later from work, he often had the right to a text "you wouldn't make a short stop at Hank's house on the way home ...?: D" and sometimes it came from him too so I didn't follow all the time guilty of my gluttony. (besides I don't know if it's always so good but those who live in Paris, stop by (if it's possible?) have a burger at Hank's, my favorite was " La catcheuse ".
It's very "fat" with two steaks so for the most greedy you can try it, otherwise with a single steak it's very good and besides with this recipe it will allow you to do four burgers.
To do so, you will need the following ingredients: Hamburger bread, "no meat minced" (available in supermarkets or organic stores), a white onion, olive oil, malted yeast, garlic, parsley, pepper, a soy yogurt, vegetable cream (with oats here), a shallot, granulated garlic, salt, cornstarch, Violife cheese (or vegan cheese burger type), Jay & Joy blue cheese, dried tomatoes, fresh spinach leaves, potatoes.
More in detail:
400g of "no meat minced"
1 white onion
4 tbsp malted yeast
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp parsley
2 tbsp of pepper
60g of plain soy yogurt
200ml of oat vegetable cream
1 shallot, minced
1 tbsp granulated garlic
3 tbsp malted yeast
2 tsp cornstarch
- For the preparation of the steak, nothing could be easier, put the nomeat minced in a salad bowl
- Finely chop the white onion and add it to the salad bowl.
- Then add the malted yeast, garlic powder, parsley, pepper and then the plain soy yogurt.
- Mix everything with your fingers and form a single ball.
- Using your hands and a tablespoon, form four balls and flatten them to form a steak.
- Generously oil your stove pan, let it heat up a bit before placing a first steak.
- Cook on both sides over medium / low heat to prevent it sticking (depending on the type of stove pan you use)
- Put aside.
- For the sauce, pour the 200ml of vegetable cream into a small saucepan, add the minced shallot, the tablespoon of granulated garlic, the malted yeast, and the salt.
- Incorporate the cornstarch (or potato for the gluten-free version), heat everything over medium-high heat while stirring, until the cream thickens.
Quote: When dressing your plates, brown your steak over medium / low heat in the pan by putting your burger cheese on it, this will allow your cheese to gently melt while heating your steak, put a lid on the pan to speed up the process.
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C (428° F).
- Cut the potatoes three quarters after having washed them (run under clear water).
- Place in a dish.
- Salt with coarse salt and a drizzle of olive oil on the potatoes as well as parsley and garlic granules.
- Bake 40min at 200 ° C (392°F).
I deliberately omitted the number of potatoes to cook, for my part I put four per person, the burger is already very greedy, you have to be able to finish your plate anyway!
So it's up to you to see how many potatoes you want to serve per person :-)
You can reheat everything in the oven without worries for a hot dinner.
Do not hesitate to tell me in the comments what you think :-)
Enjoy your meal !